Sunday, October 26, 2008

Friendship Meme

Tagged by Amanda. My first one so I feel obligated to do make sure I do it. :)

1. Have you had the same friends since childhood?
No. I still talk to one friend from grade school but not regularly. I did not have a very happy childhood school experience. So most of those people could drop off the face of the earth and I really wouldn't give a shit.
But I'm not bitter.

2. What do you value most about your friends?

Honesty and a sense of humor. I also like people who not only take but give. I have a propensity to give too much which usually leads to me feeling taken advantage of. I love getting to the point in a friendship where my house can be a total sty and I don't feel uncomfortable with them coming over and seeing it. Or when you get to the point where you can help yourself to a drink at their house and you not only feel comfortable doing it but also know where all the glasses are.

I also like people who are a foil to my personality. I love subtlety in humor and I just can't stand people who are gregarious all the time. I have yet to find more than a couple of friends other than my husband who can make me laugh really, really hard.

3. Are your friends your sounding boards?
Yes, but I talk about different subjects with different friends. There are only one or two people that I trust with everything I think and feel. I just don't feel comfortable sharing everything with everyone.

4. What is your favorite activity to share with your friends?
It usually revolves around alcohol of some sort. Or food. Hopefully both.

I have no idea how many people read this blog so I will tag the few I know who do because they comment.

Heather (Bobbin's Mommy)
Adrianne
Karen

1 comment:

Aurelia said...

Yeah, mine revolves around alcohol and food. Not diet-friendly, but fun.