Sunday, May 4, 2008

Baby Farts

I am typing this while listening to the sound of poor little W farting her diaper off in the cosleeper next to me. What is it about my children that makes them have such bad gas? Poor little A suffered from tummy troubles for the first 3 months of his life. I tried everything to help him out...My.licon, gri.pe water, burping more frequently, feeding only from one breast, elimination diet, voodoo sacrifices to Cthulhu...you name it and I tried it. It always seemed like his gas would hit from 2 am to 4 am every morning. Sometimes it got so bad he would just scream with the pain of it. W is the same way now, except not as extreme.
Like clockwork 2am comes and my poor little pumpkin is writhing and squirming around. First, she starts to squeak a little while she draws her legs up. Next, tiny cries accompany her movements if the gas doesn't come out. Finally, she will start to full on cry until the gas is released or she falls asleep until the next episode wakes her up. This usually happens every five minutes or so until 4-6am which makes for very bad sleep for the both of us.
I wish there were some way for me to make it all better for her. But having gone through this before I know that the only cure is for her intestines to mature.
Which takes time. Just like everything in life, I guess. So things ought to be better for her and me in like 8 weeks.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

8 weeks!!?!! Holy crap. Just the thought of it makes me want to pull my hair out, one by one. Eeek.