Monday, September 15, 2008

So far So good So boring

Yeah, I know. This blog started out as a lovely little family blog for me to talk about my wonderful and exasperating children. Then it took a little dip into the depths of ugliness. I am going to try to bring this blog out of the ashes like a phoenix. Because chronicling my Postpartum Depression is, well, depressing.
Here goes...
A started preschool August 18th.
Here is a picture of him and his big boy backpack on his first day.

You may be thinking...why does it look like he is mooing? That is because he is, in fact, mooing. He likes to moo when I make him do something that he doesn't want to do. I don't know if he is mooing because he thinks I am a cow for trying to take his picture or because that is just his favorite sound of protest. Regardless, the boy does like to moo and does it often.
For the first few weeks of preschool he hated it and cried every time I would go to drop him off. This caused me much anguish because
a) I don't like to see my child cry.
and
b) This frigging preschool is expensive as hell and it seems counter intuitive to spend that much money on something that he hates doing.
What a difference a month makes. He now loves preschool and is excited for me to drop him off in the morning. This causes me much anguish because
a) He is getting so big so very fast.
and
b) The little sh!t now likes school better than being with me at home.
I am, however, very grateful for the time I get to myself and with W (who naps for at least an hour of A's preschool absence).
Speaking of W, she is getting to be such a big girl! She is rolling all over the place and trying to army crawl.
Here she is at playgroup at a friend's houseHow can you tell that this is the carpet at someone else's house?
a) It doesn't look like a toy and clothing bomb exploded on top of it.
and
b) There are no stains in the rug from a certain three year old squirting lotion all over it.
and a bonus answer
c) There are no fat and lazy animals shedding on it.Hope you have enjoyed this little foray into the lighter side of things. I have a therapy appointment tomorrow where I am going to discuss with my therapist how my husband told me last week that if I ever decided to start going to church again he wouldn't love me any more.
Sigh.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh Steve...

On a happier note- I love the pictures, they cracked me up. The cat really got me, I can't stop laughing, LOL.

If it makes you feel any better, Deacon meow's in the same way that Angus moo's. Sometimes it's cute... other times I just want him to stop acting like a damn cat.

Jeana Marie said...

Hi - I just found your blog. Wanted to let you know, I've been there ... last year about this time - well your words sound very familiar. You are very strong to be getting help - I was sick after my first baby, but waited until things really spun out of control after my second...and then resisted medication for another 6 months. So - it's been a year since the worst of it and I still have a lot of learning to do, but there is hope - it really isn't forever. Great you were able tofocus on some lighter things :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah - I'm right there, right now. It tears me apart to see her so upset when I leave Bobbin at preschool in the mornings. She cries every morning. And I get so frustrated sometimes with her need to have me present 24x7 and that I'm the only one who seems to be able to comfort her because I feel like I'm not free. And yet, the minute she shows any indication of independence I start feeling sad because she doesn't need me as much anymore. Just can't win ;-)

Adrianne said...

Hurray that A likes school! Hurray that W takes that 1 hour nap! Hurray for the little things in life... Slap that hubby for not letting you find your faith... That is all I have to say about that!

Karen said...

I'm so glad that A is enjoying preschool now. I had to chuckle at the mooing too. :)

W is adorable! I can't believe how big she's getting.

And Steve... You don't really need me to get started on this on your blog. I think you know how I feel already.

Hugs!

Nicole said...

I am trying not to leave a comment that focuses on that last sentence, so for now, I will just wait until you have that therapy appointment and share more about the resolution. Moo!

In other news, I am glad you are able to find the strength to post about life's progress.