Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Something to sink your teeth into

My nip.ple, apparently. Ah, the woes of breastfeeding a teething baby. In general breastfeeding this go around has been good (after the 6 week break in period). W is typically very gentle, unlike her brother who would use my nip.ple to bare down while he was pooping during nursing. And that kid pooped while nursing a lot. It wasn't too painful when it was just his gums, but the first time he did it with a sharp baby tooth I needed a stitch on my are.ola. I can just see my male readers cringing at the words nip.ple and are.ola. I am cringing at the sight of those words with periods in them but I am trying to foil the google search from bringing this blog up for those seeking different information. I already attract enough perv attention with the naked child jumping on a trampoline picture.
Speaking of google, I thought I would share some of the search words that people have used to find my blog (and click away hurriedly). I love to envision what they thought when their google search brought up my lovely little blog. I have been meaning to do this for a while.

baby 4am farts gas
baby pain fart
farting 18
Fart seems to be a very popular search word to get people here. Oh, how disappointed they must've been when they saw the goodness that is this blog. Especially the farting 18 person. I wonder if they farted 18 times in a row and were looking to celebrate (or commiserate) or they are 18 and still farting? Either way, congrats!

18 years in the army and counting
18 years movies
18 years.com
asshole 18 years
18 is also very popular in searches. The first three are pretty tame, although 18 years.com sounds like a real blast:
"Like, OMFG, my mom just doesn't understand me. She totally wouldn't let me and my friends drive the minivan to go see the midnight showing of Twilight! I hate her. When I become a vampire she is going to be the first one to go!!!!11!"
The last one makes me wonder if I am getting a glimpse into my future. Because I was a total asshole when I was 18 (see quote above and replace Twilight with Interview with a Vampire). Which means my children will probably end up being super, mega assholes when they are 18. I hate to say it but sometimes my three year old is a little asshole right now. Especially when he tells me I am "chunky like a baby." And that he wants to poop on my head.

stop reading the news
Yeah, I hear ya on that one. I tell myself every day that I am going to do that. Unfortunately, i have a bit of schadenfreude when it comes to celebrities and it keeps me from completely disconnecting from the media. I mean, blogs like this http://gofugyourself.celebuzz.com/ really make life worth living some times.

what can I say on my first therapy appointment
Ugh, I have no help for you on this one. my first therapy appointment was a half an hour of darkness consumed by some panic attacks and obsessive compulsive thinking. Sharing my scariest thought with Dr. m wasn't really cathartic then. I do have to say that she has an excellent poker face. That and that alone was what made me go back for my next appointment.

Zoloft for ppocd
I wish I knew if you were still reading this blog. If so, contact me somehow and we can talk. Zoloft is great. PPOCD is not. I hope you are doing okay.

That is all fo rnow. Happy Winter Solstice and that other "holiday that must not be named."

No comments: