Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year, New Me?

This last year has been life changing without a doubt:
Potty training was battled and the toilet won.
Went from a mother of one to a mother of two.
Started this blog.
The terrible twos ended and the miserable threes began.
Went on Weight Watchers to lose baby weight.
Spent my first few months in two years not being president of our local Mom's Club.
Watched my Aunt and Uncle celebrate 50 years together.
My Mom got engaged to her longtime boyfriend.
Fell into the chasm of PPD/PPOCD and started Zoloft.
Went off Weight Watchers.
Asked God to "come into my heart" as advised by a born again christian friend (nothing happened)
Took up knitting. Again.
Took my son to his first day of preschool.
Finished my first knitting projects (a hat for A and a scarf for me)
Reconnected with the woman who knows me best in the world for the first time in 5 years face to face
Celebrated my first Thanksgiving without certain family members.
Saw my son do his first Christmas program. Miserably I might add (double ear infection).
Celebrated my first Christmas without certain family members.
Read Nephi on the advice of a Mormon friend and asked God to show me the true way (nothing happened)
Found my first husband on facebook and freaked out.
Found S's first wife on facebook and did the same.
Went to bed at 10pm on New Year's Eve (just like last year, although this year my excuse is because of the same person last year she was in my body then instead of out)

Plan for next year:
Lose the baby weight
Teach my daughter to sleep through the night
Take the Pepsi Challenge
Kick my spray paint huffing habit
Learn to love myself
Figure out who the hell I really am
Stop letting dark thoughts rule my life
Use The Secret to get Chris Cornell to impregnate me. Or Dave Grohl. I'm not picky.

'09 is going to rule!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

The Secret rules... you're so getting pregnant.

You've gone through a lot in one year...

Nicole said...

Whew, what a year! Looking forward to teaching my daughter to sleep through the night too!