Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Intense Momma Love

W is deep in the throws of intense Momma love right now. She went from being okay with everyone holding her to screaming her little head of when anyone but I hold her.
It is flattering but really, W, I get it. I get that you love me so much and need me all the time. But Momma needs a break every now and then and it would be a much nicer break if I couldn't hear you screaming your head off in the living room while I am taking a bath in the master bathroom. Ah well, this too shall pass, no? I just keep reminding myself that A will start preschool in the fall and W will be old enough to start having semi-regular naps then so there will be a day in the near future when I don't have a baby on me 24/7.
I had my first weigh in last night. I have lost two pounds on WW. It seems really insane to me because the amount of food they have nursing mothers eating is a lot. So much that some days it is a real struggle to eat all that I am supposed to and I end up and the end of the evening trying to find things to make up in points. Like last night at 8pm I had 8 points left to spend. And if you are familiar with WW you know that 8 points is a lot. It was tempting not to eat it and just go to bed. But I am terrified that my milk supply will dwindle so I did it.
I have also started working out with The F*irm DVDs that I did when I was losing my pregnancy weight with A. I woke up extremely sore yesterday morning so it must be working. The problem with me and weight loss is that it always seems like I should be able to lose weight so quickly that after one week all my old clothes should fit. The prospect of 9 months of WW to get back to normal is so depressing. I have decided that when I get back to my fighting weight I am going to throw all my clothes out (read: donate to charity) and spend some money on some new clothes. I haven't gone clothes shopping for real in probably 5 years. My wardrobe is dated and I am sick of it. Besides, what you can pull off at age 25 is much different than at 31...at least in my opinion.
I am getting my hair colored and possibly cut on July 11th. I need some advice. Should I leave it long or go short? What do you think?
Here is my hair long the day of W's birth
And here is my hair short at my 30th birthday party a year ago
And the shortest it has been in the last three yearsWhich do you like the best?
Maybe keep it long but add some bangs and layers? I don't know. I just need something to make me feel like I am not a harpie and since the weight will take a while to come off I can at least color out my grey hairs and get a flattering haircut.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I love your short hair.

Sorry W is so attached right now- hopefully that ends soon. And with A starting preschool things should get a bit easier, right? Let's hope so.

And I get it with the WW comments... somedays I just cannot stand how long it takes to lose all this weight. Although I don't normally have the problem of eating enough food ;-)

MomMom said...

Hepcatshoney here from back at the old FF days.
I remember the 24/7 days with horror. Stired up my fight or flight response... LOL
I think ( and I am a tad biased as a hairdresser :)
that the medium cut was the most flattering. No bangs, just long layers at the bottom. Raelly cute style on you. Good luck wiuth the baby weight, thats not been my strong suit, agch, I am like a house now.....
Hard to believe they are 3 already, and W is adorable,
Congrats,
Honey

Adrianne said...

WTG on the weightloss! I know how good it feels for every little pound loss! I like pic #2...