Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Thanks Adrianne

For commenting on my last post. I really appreciate your support and understanding. As for the rest of you who read but don't comment...go suck an egg. Just kidding. Sort of.
I am in a bad spot right now. I am not a fan of little babies. The terrible threes are kicking my ass. Combine those two things together and you get me crying myself to sleep last night.
Trust me, I know how lucky I am to have two healthy children. I get that part. And I love both of them with every fiber of my being. However, the temporary loss of independence associated with having a very small baby is always a difficult transition for me. Especially while breastfeeding because you are limited to excursions that are less than two hours long due to the baby's feeding schedule.
W was on me like glue for the last 48 hours and I guess I just reached a breaking point last night when she wouldn't go to sleep until 10:30pm. Because sleeping is the only time that I get to myself nowadays. And since we cosleep it isn't really to myself but it is easier to pretend that it is.
All of this is hard enough to take on its own. But I also started we.ight watchers yesterday as well to try to put a dent in this baby weight. So now I can't even find solace in eating something terribly bad for me but terribly tasty.
Blah.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm sorry I am just now catching up on your blog...

As much as I can relate, I can't... But I do know that I really dislike the newborn stage as well. It's one of the reasons I went back to work. I was going crazy staying home. I say it a lot- I don't know how SAHM's do it. I could NEVER do it and I respect anyone who tries and succeeds longer than I did (2 months).

You don't give yourself enough credit, and I think you know this- you are a GREAT mom and from what I know of him, A is a great little boy who acts like a normal 3 year old.

I can't even imagine how hard it is to do this with a 3 year old and a newborn... you've got to be exhausted. So on top of not liking the newborn stage, you have to do it and deal with the terrible 3's at the same time.

I do know how you feel about the diet- There are so many days that I just want to eat like shit... Good luck on WW- you did so great the last time around, I know you'll do great again.

Adrianne said...

Wow I am flattered! Cate I never expected to open your blog and see my name at the title of the post! Thanks!

Girl I am all ears and am totally there for you! I HATE NEWBORNS and 3 year olds for that matter! And the two combined now that is something I wouldn't wish on anyone... Especially a friend... LIKE YOU! :)

Ok take a deep breath... I have no real advise because I too went back to work, dumping my kids off at daycare at 2 months. Because the SAHM thins is so not for me and Cole quit bfing at 3 weeks so I am no help there either...

I know you can do it!!

Love ya!!!