Tuesday, July 1, 2008

12 weeks old

Tomorrow! I can't believe that three months have gone by since little W made her quiet appearance into this world. This last weekend she not only laughed for the first time but she rolled from stomach to back. I had put her down for a nap on her tummy and true to form she woke up 20 minutes later crying. When I went in her bedroom to get her she was on her back, glaring up at me with accusatory eyes. I thought perhaps it was a fluke. After watching her successfully roll from tummy to back 3 times in a row I finally was convinced.
Shit! Dr. F predicted she would be an early crawler but rolling over at three months? I am skeered, very skeered. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't witnessed it myself.
As for the laughing, well it was very adorable. I was visiting our elderly neighbor and she was talking about something very expressively. After she waved her hand around past W's face, all of a sudden my fat little Buddha baby let out a chortle. We both paused and looked at her convinced that it was just a cough. But sure enough she did it again 2 minutes later. I got her to repeat it briefly the next day by working for about 10 minutes making faces, tickling, and being so silly that my face felt like it was going to fall off.
We have all settled into a routine of sorts, which is nice. A wakes up at 6 am, so I nurse W around 5 and she usually sleeps until 8 or so. It gives me a couple of baby free hours to make A's breakfast, have a cup of coffee, and read teh internets.
After she wakes up and we nurse I plop her in the bouncy seat and shower while A watches morning cartoons. Then we all get dressed and are ready for the day and whatever adventures await us (grocery shopping, park, playdates, etc).
A is doing very well and we have our days where there are almost no timeouts at all. We are still working on his tendency to play punch strangers (if you know me in real life ask me about the mentally disabled people at the mall the next time you see me. It is not a story for the faint of heart). A is convinced he is a superhero. It is adorable and scary at the same time.
Gotta go, baby is awake.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Gosh he and Deacon are so alike... big heads must band together I guess. Deacon is convinced he's a super hero called "power man." I'm currently trying to convince him that his toys are not weapons... and I have no clue where he learned that they were. Boys. We need to get these two together.

Adrianne said...

It is so great that you have found your routine! I can't believe she is 3 months already!! Time has flown by!!!

Nicole said...

Good to hear that a schedule is possible, eventually. I am looking forward to it someday!